22 Fortnum Close
Birmingham West Midlands
0121 783 7161
Data Controller – Petrel Ltd.
This privacy notice sets out how Petrel Ltd. uses and protects data. Petrel Ltd. is committed to ensuring privacy is protected.
Petrel Ltd. is registered with ICO as a controller of personal information, Registration Number is Z559687X
What information do we have?
Petrel Ltd. collect and store data relating to suppliers, customers, potential customers and employees. Data is only stored where needed and is only used to provide the legal obligations that we have with our suppliers, customers and employees.
How do we get the information and why do we have it?
Information is provided at the point that an entity becomes a supplier, customer, potential customer or employee. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
- We have a legal or contractual obligation
- We have a legitimate interest
What do we do with the information we have?
We use the information provided to fulfil our obligations as a customer, supplier or employer. We may use information that you provide us for marketing purposes.
How do we store your information?
Your data is securely stored until deleted. Data is kept for a minimum period of 10 years. We complete periodic data reviews and if data no longer required after 10 years, the data is deleted from our systems. Your data is only shared in line with our legal obligations which might include:
- Group Companies
- Professional advisors (including lawyers, accountants and auditors)
- Legal and Regulatory authorities
- HM Revenue & Customs and other Government / State related entries
- Business Sale or Transfer
Your data protection rights.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Please contact our Head of Group Privacy if you wish to make a request - email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which requires your permission to be placed on your computer. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
No personal data is captured via the use of the cookies on our website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
How to complain.
You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
This notice was updated on the 14th February 2020